  *78042 (-20)
  RE: IR scanner

There is the classic Polaroid ultrasonic range finder. I think someone here was working on one of these or similar for lego? They work on the reflected signal approach. Now I thought you wanted to do off board triangulation. You can accomplish that (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Canonical use for Lego Trains at the holiday is around the tree

Subject says it all... Whether you have a Hannukah bush, a Kwanzaa shrub, or a Christmas tree, it's your DUTY, if you have any trains at all, to get them running around the tree. This will be year #3 for me. Good clean fun. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Storage

My pieces seem to be getting jumbled and make half the time spent building, looking for that piece I know is somewhere. You guys have any good ideas for neatly storing a set that includes * RIS 1.0 * 1.5 upgrade kit * robo sports set * extra motor (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's pretty clear now that this was an honest mistake(1). Anyone that I *like* won't push the point. The Entertainer has offered 10% off on an order to make up for it, from what I hear, although I have not yet received a reply to my inquiry, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  WTT 6959 Lunar Launch Site for 6264 Forbidden Cove or 6263 Imperial Outpost

Hi, I have a used 6959 (two pieces missing), w/instr., no box, that I'd like to trade for either 6264 or 6263 in similar condition. I am located in Germany, surface mail for both parties is reasonable ($8). Regards Arnold -- ***...*** I HATE EBAY: (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: IR scanner

(...) has (...) Duh. I spoke before I thought. Sorry about that. (...) [snip] (...) the (...) Taking Jim Thomas' suggestion of using ultrasonic sound instead of lasers, you could install two ultrasonic sound sources on your robot to solve the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Part variation noted

Thinking about the door frame from 6195 made me think again about a part variation I noted the other day while I was sorting out 20 copies of 6444 Outback Airstrip. While sorting, I always put together all the pieces of any windows and doors. 6444 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Ldraw related sites

[ FUT lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw ] Manfred: (...) I have written Zach and asked him what is happening, but it looks like part of the problem is related to a misconfiguration of the server (I didn't get any HTTP 404 errors, only 403's). If anybody are (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.people)

  Re: large vs tall things (was: Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)

(...) I think he meant Eric Harshbarger: (URL) don't build tall stuff, you build bendyarm stuff. :-) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  RE: IR scanner

Like Pete said, this won't work. When people use lasers (or sonar) to measure distance, they reflect the signal back to the source and use phase shift to make the measurement. The proposed scheme would have to compare arrival times between the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Part Authoring

Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message news:FLtys4.KB8@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) I (...) I use LDAO's Editor for creating parts. It has many helpful extensions to a regular text editor, plus you can instantly view the results with (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Household uses for LEGO

This doesn't quite count, but it's close. I just ran off 10 copies of my black hopper. Since this was tedious, I did everything I could to make it quick, by doing the same step over and over. After I got to a certain point in the construction, I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: IR scanner

(...) Hi! I don't think that light-pulse based distance measurements will ever be an option for Lego robots. But your idea can be used in another context (that has been talked about around here). Namely, using a light beam as a directional beacon. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  More questions...

1.Does 6195 come with any 1 x 10 or 2 x 10 bricks in any color? my inventory (made from the instructions) lists 2 2 x 10 yellow bricks. 2.has anyone created/can someone please create inventories of the auqanauts sets and the aquashark sets? I need (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.general)

  Re: Question about 6195

(...) Of course you may want to do a little bit of work. The door frame is 2 studs deep instead of the pannel's 6 studs wide. The frame is also about 1 brick thick instead of being rod thickness. But yes, not knowing much about ldraw, I would say (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.general)

  New Contest at FBTB

I'm getting ready to start up a Skiff Guards minifig contest at my site. I think this is something that we all would like to see, as TLG is obviously using the Hasbro philosophy towards releasing everything they can with "core" figs. Check it out. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Aquanauts/Aquasharks visor question

What colors did the visor for the aquanauts/aquasharks helments come in? I think that the auqasharks helments all had red ones and that the aquanauts ones had black snd some other color (blue,clear blue or clear light blue I think) Can someone who (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Things seem corrected now. It was fun to dream while it lasted. L40 is actually not such a bad price for the shuttle... (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Transparent 2x2 Tile ??? (was "Re: copier")

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message news:FLpw5s.BFK@lugnet.com... (...) Great (...) Suzanne Rich has (had?) a small bin full of clear 2x2 tiles in her MIT Media Lab office. Drool city! -John Van (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: MY FOTW (!)

(...) Oh, I see. I was misinterpreting the picture. It looked like there was a contents sheet glued to the inside of the box, which was torn. What it actually is is the catalog page in a sleeve... Ok, so the only detriment is that you may not have (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact