  *68024 (-20)
  Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review

(...) I was pretty impressed with 8226. Normally I don't expect much from the Tech-Play line - especially with such a small set - but I really liked the steering mechanism. Very clever. Dave (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Mindfest thanks

(...) Wow, I'm flattered! :) Nice to meet you too, Todd, although you probably spent more time talking to my mom than talking to me because I was so busy scrounging for pieces.[1] :) --Bram 1) which reminds me: I seem to have a bunch of incomplete (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: HELP with DAT files!!

(...) This sounds like you're running LDLite but it's not finding the part files. Several things you might want to check: - Make sure that the path which LDraw is installed into doesn't contain any spaces. - Make sure that your LDRAW environment (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad)

  Re: HELP with DAT files!!

(...) That's because LDraw is a command line driven DOS program. To see how to open a DAT in LDraw, take a look at: (URL)Also, I can't get the DAT files to open automatically (...) If you want to be able to open a DAT file just by clicking on it, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  FA(eBay): grey & black plates, minifigs, fences, airplane parts

Airplane parts from 6543 Sail & Fly Marina (x2) and other sets (URL) lattice fences (URL) Town minifigs (URL) black 2xn plates (URL) large grey plates (URL) grey plates incl 1x10,2x10 (URL) Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com Web page: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

Your analysis is completely wrong. Selling scan CD's is clearly illegal and asking for trouble. public distribution of ANY instruction or catalog scan (regardless of age) is an infringement of copyright. The fact that TLG has passively allowed my (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) of (...) I don't intend to sound harsh, either, but... Well, I have not heard your issues with the trademark/domain clause - or if I have, I forgot. Still, I don't think TLG is going to close the brickshelf (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  HELP with DAT files!!

Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I can't seem to get my DAT files to open. I have downloaded LDRAW and files and installed them. But I have had no luck opening the files. I am using Win95. I just get a blank white screen. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  RE: Live Robot Video

Try the page now please. I updated the links to get around the firewall problem. Rich Thompson (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Matthew Miller Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 10:05 PM To: (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Live Robot Video

(...) Not getting through to the e20141aea.inetcam.com site linked on that page. :( (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) I'm not sure this is correct. I know I purchased the game when it first came out, long before they had any other games, and it included a minifig. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  RE: Live Robot Video

Doh! Firewall problems. Try (URL) to see live video (I hope). Rich Thompson (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Rich Thompson Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 9:42 PM To: (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) I don't mean to be harsh, but this attitude is very likely to make TLG reconsider their very liberal fair-use policy. I've got issues with the trademark/domain clause, which I'm sure you've all heard. But I think the copyright part is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ebay: all 8 McD sets + Duplo set dutch 100

(...) Hubby is looking up to see if McD's has a headquarters web site. I'm sending them that Ebay address. Some Mgr is making some extra money and ripping off some poor kids, or adults!!! Jodi (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

Sorry for another late response. Awhile back I started scanning old Mania magazines, and learned something about this Lego Island game. Lego Island was the first Lego video game. When it was first released, it included a comic, which I thought was (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Live Robot Video

I am playing with Live Robot Video tonight (Oct 27). If you want to help me test this out, follow this link: (URL) is only an experiment, so your mileage may vary. BTW, I am using an Emerson 900MHZ wireless camera running on batteries. A totally (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms

(...) Yes, you do need a PC to program the RCX brick. (That can be a intel-based PC, or a Mac, or whatever.) Some of the newer stuff like the Scout brick don't require a PC, but then, they're not very exciting. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

Sorry for the late reply, but... I don't think it is illegal to buy or sell CDs with Lego instructions scans - I've bought six such CDs from various sources. Unlike video tapes which all have the FBI warning and software which always has the user (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  ebay: all 8 McD sets + Duplo set dutch 100

Someone has put up a dutch auction of 100 sets of the happy meal toys including the Duplo.(Which they state is very hard to find. Duh! They aren't available at the restaurants yet.) Opening bid is $16.00. Probably a good deal if you don't have the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Mindstorms

Heya all ! I have only one question. Do I need PC if I buy some LEGO Mindstorms kit ? 'couse it was mentioned on Lugnet that I don't need PC for it. Thanks ! e-mail: virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk Rene (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact