 CAD / 3038
Re: HELP with DAT files!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 03:39:04 GMT

"J-Men HQ" <jmen@visi.net> writes:
Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I can't
seem to get my DAT files to open. I have downloaded LDRAW and files and
installed them. But I have had no luck opening the files. I am using
Win95. I just get a blank white screen.

That's because LDraw is a command line driven DOS program.  To see how to
open a DAT in LDraw, take a look at:
http://library.advanced.org/20551/ldraw.html

Also, I can't get the DAT files to open automatically
from the lugnet website. If anyone can help, that would be great. I'd
really like to see some of these great files I downloaded.

If you want to be able to open a DAT file just by clicking on it, you
will need to get LDLite (which I suggest getting no matter what b/c it
renders faster than LDraw, supports extended commands, and has shading).
After you have installed LDLite, associate DAT files with LDLite and
Netscape will open the DAT file with LDLite.  If you have more questions,
please ask.
--Bram

BTW, your message belongs in .cad, not .cad.dat.models