  *376379 (-20)
  Re: Inspired by new HST set 4511

Very nice! I especially like your idea for the dome car. Never seen that approach. I also like the SNOT windows. I hope Lego's ICE is somewhere in the ballpark of yours! Very cool. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) This is very cool. Subway stations are such interesting geometric spaces that they beg to be done in LEGO. You made great use of pieces, and the activity really makes an intereting scene. Good job! Amy (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Another Use for Dino Cans

I got the 2003 Pitsco catalog yesterday and got chuckle for the use of the dino cans for the "eLab Green Car" set. See (URL) looks like they have some new parts packs, so it would be worth getting a copy of the catalog. (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.dacta)

  Re: New 2003 Town Sets

(...) Brad, Thanks for posting the best of 2003 town. I've been waiting to see if anyone would take the time to post about town offerings for next year. Overall, I was disappointed in the 2003 town sets. I like the HP 4720 for parts and the train (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

  Project Double X??

Greetings all, I was at the "Sun Tech Days" conference here in the Big Smoke for the past couple of days and was further brainwashed about all things Java. One talk was given by a Sun guy who demoed a LEGO robot running Java/lejos. He got oo's and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Sweet, simple, and well detailed. I like how you went away from the standard box-like tendency of building. Nice curves :) -- Pawel (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Need Car Designs

(...) Try these: (URL) said you wanted small, right? ROSCO (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Western Mass, Lego, and More

(...) We will have to get together over lunch one of these days. Chris (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.spr)

  Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering

(...) Went there, downloaded it, followed the directions to compile it, followed the directions to install it, launched LDGLite in LEDIT mode, and it works as advertised. LDGLite accepts keyboard input now. Next question is, when will Apple (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need Car Designs

(...) Check this one out: (URL) have several of these already built. Calum (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Need help to guesstimate the size of my collection!

David Simmons <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:H8F8wC.K7y@lugnet.com... the first (...) I (...) my (...) I'll (...) My collection numbers just over 167,000 pieces, and the parts stash takes up a similar amount of space. But then my (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MINI Gasgano's Pod - MOC

(...) get the Tie Mini as it was only available to US residents, and I'm not paying $30 US, or $50-$60 AU after postage and whatnot to buy it on EBay. haven't seen it on any magazines/comics either, but this is another issue entirely) What I wanted (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Stickers vs Printing (was AT-TE Comments)

(...) In a way Jennifer I agree with you. except I never get around to applying them... (...) I actually prefer printed pieces. Stickers are better for blocks and larger pieces whereas printing is far better for tiles and slopes. it's not a golden, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Need help to guesstimate the size of my collection!

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes: ... (...) ... David, I have no idea how to guess with any accuracy, but I agree, 500,000 is probably way over the mark. One metric I would ask for is: how many full blue tubs worth of LEGO do you think you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

Every time I see military models and minifigs, I can't help but think to myself, "these sure are the happiest little soldiers I have ever seen." Great work and the detail is wonderful. Steven ===== Steven B. Combs (URL) Member #414 ___...___ Do you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) I've seen models of these coaches in Marklin catalogs, and your Brick-rendered versions are beautiful! Green sure goes a long way toward capturing that classic 'old-fashioned' look and feel. Do the models track well? -Harvey (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MINI's in my hands, WOW!!

(...) pod (...) I like the models and the parts used to make them and I think they are very well realized for their size. I just don't like the new films at all so the models don't have give nearly as much of a warm, fuzzy memory as say, the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New 2003 Town Sets

ANY town sets are better than NO town sets! Anyhow, I really like the futuristic look of the Police HQ and train station. I can't wait for these to hit BrickLink so I can buy up all those 4x4x6 trans-dark-gray curved panels! "Michael Arrighi" (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) OK now I'm less hooked on it. :P The common bottleneck and problem seems to be communicating with the RCX. Here's an idea: Celphone Handsfree Jack -> 1200 or 2400 baud Modem -> LEGO serial IR tower -> RCX Would this work, if the link was (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

Yeah, yeah yeah. :D (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact