Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:58:38 GMT

In article <H8ErDD.H5A@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Christopher Masi writes:
I suspect that you are right. I think I that LDGLIte reported GL_Version
1.1 when I was using LDGLite on 10.1.x. I go search the Mac news groups
to get more infor

GL_VERSION = 1.1 APPLE-1.1

I tried LDGLite, and I didn't notice any difference. LDGLite still does
receive keyboard input.

Oops, three missing letters can change the meaning of a sentence a lot.
LDGLite still does NOT receive keyboard input.

I wondered if that's what you meant.  Anyhow, the GLUT fix is now
available at:

  http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/Graphics_3D/glut.htm

And according to fix number 13, it should now accept keyboard input.
You'll have to let us know how well it works.  It also looks like fix
number 3 could benefit ldglite as well.

Went there, downloaded it, followed the directions to compile it,
followed the directions to install it, launched LDGLite in LEDIT mode,
and it works as advertised. LDGLite accepts keyboard input now. Next
question is, when will Apple intergrate this fix into Software Update.

Thanks for keeping on top of all this!
Chris