Re: Bad links to homepage.mac.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:47:08 GMT

Don,
I have updated a few things on mac.ldraw.org.  I know the ldglite and technical
page still needs major updating as well as some other things like the
translation links.  I'll get to it.... someday...

I just plain deleted a few links to broke homepage.mac.com pages.

James

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, James Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse writes:
I spent a few minutes testing my external ldglite links to and found
quite a few bad ones that used to go to homepage.mac.com.

Apple is charging for homepage.mac.com webpages now, so a great deal of links
to that domain are now broke since many people have elected to look elsewhere
for free webpages.  LDMC included.  ;-)

It looks like LDMC has partially moved to mac.ldraw.org, but the pages there
now have many bad links.  Is anyone planning to fix this?

I wasn't aware that there were that many bad links.  I know the whole site
needs to be updated and some parts (like the technical page) taken out
completely or reworked or something.  I have been *planning* on doing this, but
have hinted to no end that I'll let anyone do it who wants to, mainly because
you can see how fast I am getting it done...

Also, does anyone have a copy of the patched version of GLUT for OS X
that used to be available here?

http://homepage.mac.com/dietmarplanitzer/FileSharing1.html

Is it still needed, or has Apple taken over updating GLUT for OS X?

Don't know anything about it.

James