Re: Bad links to homepage.mac.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:00:08 GMT

In article <H7BL0F.DJ9@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
In article <H79tKC.MFB@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

I spent a few minutes testing my external ldglite links to and found
quite a few bad ones that used to go to homepage.mac.com.  It looks
like LDMC has partially moved to mac.ldraw.org, but the pages there
now have many bad links.  Is anyone planning to fix this?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the patched version of GLUT for OS X
that used to be available here?

  http://homepage.mac.com/dietmarplanitzer/FileSharing1.html

Is it still needed, or has Apple taken over updating GLUT for OS X?

Don

I have a copy of an updated GLUT that I got from a mac.com site, but I
don't know if it the one to which you are referring. I haven't been
using LDGLite because LDGLite will not recognize any keys.

I recall you (someone) mentioning that this is a problem with all GLUT
based applications and that if the program was compiled with Project
Builder it would work. Well, I cannot figure out how to import the
source into Project Builder so I can compile it. Yes, I am an idiot.
Consider this, I compiled the source using the CLI and "make" and my
compiled version rotates objects more slowly than downloadable binary.
Go figure.

Anyway, the only difference I notice between Apple's GLUT and the one I
downloaded and compiled is that in LEdit mode, Apple's GLUT cuts off the
first of the four lines of text at the top of the screen. All four lines
of text show up when the downloaded GLUT is used.

Do you want the source for the GLUT? I could e-mail it to you.

Chris

Actually I think I found what I was looking for here:

  http://wind.prohosting.com/anoved/sw.g4i.html

However, since this page:

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:X0iM2ZVJoAgC:wind.prohosting.com/anoved/l
egos.html+ldglite+glut+os+x&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

no longer exists (except in a google cache)
I think I may have to mirror it if it's still useful.  So does the
patched GLUT still work?  Does it work on 10.2?  Does anyone care,
or has BrickDraw3D gotten to the point where I can quit worrying
about a Mac version of ldglite?

Don

Here is what I noticed in LEdit mode. I am running 10.2.2 on a PB G3
(FireWire). The AppleGLUT provides the popup menus, but the following
error is reported in the terminal

2002-12-18 21:38:32.082 ldgledit[4698] GLUT Warning:
glutCurrentModifiers: do not call outside core input callback.

The updated/third party GLUT does not cause the error.

Also, the first line of text doesn't appear when using the Apple GLUT,
but all four lines of text appear when using the third party GLUT.
Again, this is in LEdit mode.

I haven't had time to experiment with BrickDraw 3D much yet, but until
upgrading to OS X 10.2, LDGLite was working great! Once you get the hang
of it (and as long as you have a parts catalogue handy) LDGLite is a
great way to build virtual models. I don't think BrickDraw3D is really
up to that yet. I also noticed that in OpenGL mode, BrickDraw3D does the
wrong color piece thing because of the non-(insert some letters
here)-compliant LDRAW parts

Anyone have some good clues as to how I can get LDGLite working on 10.2?
I am faced with the GLUT application not accepting keyboard commands
bug. I didn't have this problem on 10.1.x

Thanks,
Chris