Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:00:48 GMT

In article <H8EG0J.I59@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Christopher Masi writes:
Hmm. When I run Apple System Profiler I get the following entries

AGL.framework       2.2.7   18 Dec 2002 01:23 AM  OpenGL Carbon
compatibility dylib for Mac OS X
GLUT.framework     2.2.7   18 Dec 2002 01:29 AM   GLUT dylib for Mac OS X
OpenGL.framework 1.2.1   18 Dec 2002 01:20 AM   OpenGL 1.2.1.9.0

Does this mean my PowerBook G3 FireWire doesn't support OpenGL 1.4 or
that somehow my update to 10.2.3 didn't go quite right?

I'm not sure if the framework number is the same as the OpenGL version
number.  However I think ldglite prints the opengl version number when
run from a command prompt so you could check it that way.  Maybe it only
installs the new OpenGL if you have specific graphics hardware.

I suspect that you are right. I think I that LDGLIte reported GL_Version
1.1 when I was using LDGLite on 10.1.x. I go search the Mac news groups
to get more infor

GL_VERSION = 1.1 APPLE-1.1

I tried LDGLite, and I didn't notice any difference. LDGLite still does
receive keyboard input.

Oops, three missing letters can change the meaning of a sentence a lot.
LDGLite still does NOT receive keyboard input.

Then I'm confused as to what exactly is the problem with the GLUT
framework in the 10.2.3 update if the keyboard still works.

I do not know what you mean be an offscreen command line renderer. Do
you mean that running the command will produce a graphic file without
drawing the model to the screen?

Yes, exactly.  It should not even open up a window.  So you're not
limited to the size (or for that matter, the availability) of the
screen.  Believe it or not, this does have it's uses.

Oh, I believe you.

Don

Chris