 General / 40550
Re: Need help to guesstimate the size of my collection!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:38:31 GMT

David Simmons <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message

the first
question she asked me was how pieces are in my collection?  The truth is, • I
have no idea!  I guessed at 500,000, which is most likely overshooting the
mark.  I have a picture of the bulk of my collection on the main page of • my
website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~xenobuzz/

It's the second picture, just scroll down a bit.  This pic doesn't show
everything, but I would guess that it represents about 75% of what I own.
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure? I'd love to have a more accurate
number to provide for the interview, and it would great to mention how the
Lugnet community helped me out.  If they actually come to my apartment, • I'll
be sure to wear my Lugnet t-shirt with pride!

My collection numbers just over 167,000 pieces, and the parts stash takes up
a similar amount of space. But then my built models probably take up the
same amount of space again. That's all the minifig Starwars sets, all the
Harry Potter, ISD, Statue of Liberty, both Famous Planes, a dozen or so
large Technic sets, and about a dozen misc others.
So I'd guess that your collection is more accurately in the 100,000 to
150,000 range.

(Duckie) Dave Till