 General / 40558
Re: Need help to guesstimate the size of my collection!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:20:18 GMT

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Dave,

If your collection is 500K, then I'd better not even THINK about how
large mine is ;-)

My instant guess after seeing the picture was 100k, but the 125-150k
that others are estimating sounds a little better.

Take your Iris cart collection, and multiply it by 3.  That's all my new
bricks.  If I can get all the rest of the bricks into Iris carts, add at
least what is shown in your pic, if not more (don't have room to buy 10
more Costco Iris carts right now, but hope to clear the room this weekend).

I figured my collection was over 500K, but not much, but maybe I'm off
"a bit".  I suppose I'd better start trying to get a rough estimate for
insurance purposes before hauling mine crosscountry.

Based on what you've said about your collection, I'm sure you're at
500k, probably more. My verified count (based on the total bricks in the
sets I have cataloged) is about 500k. With new additions and parts
purchases, I'm probably closing on 600k.

Frank