 Year / 2006 / 34
33  |  35
Subject:
MORE pics (was Re: Pics from American International TOY FAIR(r) 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2006, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:41:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

OK, some updates for you. I was able to get to Javits today (in one of the worst snowstorms to hit the east coast in a while, the buses weren’t running, the ride I cadged got stuck, the trains were all having sticking door problems, etc etc... the stuff I do for you guys! 26 inches of snow in one day at LGA, I hear: Record snowfall)

LEGO has a “booth” there. Unlike most booths, open to the aisles, where anyone with credentials (I have buyer’s credentials and Jonathan had trade press credentials) can just walk around, look at stuff and talk to sales people, it’s walled off:

and you have to have an appointment or wheedle your way in. I wasn’t too happy with some of the pics from yesterday and wanted to get some closeups of a few things so I wheedled my way in. But not for long. After talking to a very nice fellow who knew who I was, and who cautioned me that buyers would be coming through so “please don’t wreck any models, ok?... were you the guy that got locked in the bathroom last nite, we’re all so sorry that happened!” (1), about 1/2 way through snapping pics, another, rather more grouchier, exec basically rushed me out the door saying “we have buyers coming, you have to leave now, come back Wednesday.” So I got as far as I am going to get as, well, I’m not coming back Wednesday!

herewith the updated galleries

Misc:

(that VERY blurry pic is from the base of the batman statue and proves the designers use old and new brown together...) The irony of there being a HUGE batman statue and a HUGER Bionicle statue in the entry way with big bold signs saying “HEY HEY COME TO THE LEGO BOOTH IT’S COOL” (paraphrased) was not lost on Jonathan and I!...

Batman: Only a few updates, this is when I got booted out. OK maybe.... “booted out” isn’t the right word, for all I know the chief buyer at Target was coming in the door or something! But while this guy’s style was certainly an entry in the “how to treat fans” contest, it wasn’t a WINNING one...

City: Lots of updates... got a number of shots of the new cargo train...

Creator/Designer: A few more pics of the roadster with the hood and trunk up, the motorcycles, and the big red prehistoric creatures set (interesting joints on that one)

Knights Kingdom: a few pics of the actionfigure/combo weapons paired sets

Nik: A few more Spongebob pics. Including one of the back of the big one. He lobs snowballs or spitballs out his mouth apparently. There are lots of gears and levers for Plankton to control him..

There seems to be a new (or new to me) molded clickrotateaxlevane thingie on his hand (sorry for that technical description!)

Racers: The orange RC set (very large scale parts on that, some new fastener system) and another pic of the racer tuner garage...

Sorry about no technic updates. NOTE. in all cases, the image ID of the thumb I gave is the first new image in the gallery. Seemed a waste to make new galleries. Hopefully modded by the time you read this.

Sorry also about some of them being blurry... it annoys me too! A big tripod with me would have been nice but was just not in the cards, I was at one client last week and a different one this week, needed to leave room for all the catalogs and tschotsckies I got and stuff...

++Lar

1 - I didn’t wreck any models last nite, well not more than 1 anyway (the telehander exploded in my hands while I was extending it, even Steve H. could design it better than that), unless you count turning stuff upside down to get better pictures!... Which, frankly, I don’t!!! ... and yes I was along with someone from the action figure press who had a bit more to drink than I did... but I digress...