 Year / 2006 / 31
Re: Pics from American International TOY FAIR(r) 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:25:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.year.2006, Simon Bennett wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Lego showroom preview event
at the LEGO showroom at 24th and Broadway, in NYC, as part of the 2006 American
International TOY FAIR,

++Lar

Did they have no problem with you taking photos?  A few of us went, separately,
to the UK Toy Fair at TLCs invitation but they wouldn't let me take any
photographs at all.  Very happy you were able to get some good shots of the
Roaring Roadsters set, I could hardly put that thing down.  I was also very
impressed with the Technic crane, and the tractor.

Everyone there was taking photos and no one stopped me, in fact most of the LEGO
people remembered me from last year (I was the guy not afraid to pick up the
models and turn them over to get better pics!). Most of the people invited were
toy press, so they were like click click click, a few overview shots, free beer
and hors'd ouvres and off to the next one... meanwhile I was trying to get as
much detail as I could. I brought a mini tripod this year which helps but I
think (me or) my camera was getting tired, there were some shots I remember
taking that aren't in the collection. Sigh.

Joe and Jim and I were the only trufans there I think (could be wrong but I
don't remember the BZ guys this year... so Bionicle got short shrift. Oh well...
it has some new sets that come with marble sized balls by the way!)

The Roaring Roadsters set is very Model Team to my eyes. Also it has a LOT of
gray Technic bricks (NOT studless) in the underbelly. Did my underbelly shot
come out... sigh...