 Year / 2006 / 32
Re: Pics from American International TOY FAIR(r) 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:51:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Lego showroom preview event
at the LEGO showroom at 24th and Broadway, in NYC, as part of the 2006 American
International TOY FAIR,
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_International_Toy_Fair)  so naturally I
went... just like last year.

Lar, thanks for posting so quickly, and the close-ups showing all the detail.
You do a great job at keeping the unwashed masses informed. :)

Interesting to note that there is no sign of the large Technic farm tractor with
mower seen in the Nurenburg Toy Fair pictures.  Instead, the Americas seem to be
getting a dune buggy based on very similar colors and components.  I wonder if
this will be like the Vikings only in Europe thing?  I notice the dune buggy has
a flat-4 engine built with technic pistons and cylinders.  I think that's the
first time I've seen LEGO do that.