 Trains / 9646
Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:15:25 GMT

Daniel Siskind wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Do you have details about the sizes of your work? We know how wide everything
is, but I was wondering how long the box car was.

Sorry for the delayed response - I've been busy with other stuff for a while...

Those big box cars are 42 studs long and the big hopper is 43 studs.  the SD90
is 50 studs long, which exceeds GMLTC's proposed limit by 6 studs, but the real
thing should be even longer!

Thanks for the compliments by the way.

Dan

No need to apologize for any delay. I just like to get a feeling for how big
everyone is building. I think I caught Nealitis in a big way. Most of my stuff
is right at the GMLTC limit, and some of my stuff is over the limit by quite a
bit (15 studs over for my SD40-2[1]). But I am having fun building, and that is
the important part.

I didn't say it before, but those SD90's would look even more awesome if they
were longer :?) Again, love your work, and I am happy to have learned a few new
things while checking out your models.

Thanks for the extra info,
Chris

1. Technically, according to my scaling scheme, my engine is a few stud too long.
--
See my LEGO creations at
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego

Public key available upon request.