 Trains / 9482
Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:40:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bram Lambrecht writes:

I love the subway scene!  The silver is a nice touch.  So the new layout
will have 8 wide trains and 6 wide subway cars?  Cool!
--Bram

Yes, we decided to go with 6 wide for the subway cars since they're only going
to viewed in profile anyway (those red windows are actually built into the side
of one of the modules - you will not be able to see the subway stations from the
angle in the pictures once the roof is attached). The street cars will also be 6
wide, to conserve street space, and we'll have several smaller loops for the 6-
wide "narrow gauge" Thomas trains.  Otherwise all of the surface main lines will
be for 8 wide rolling stock.

Dan