 Trains / 9494
Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 07:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson writes:
John Gerlach wrote in message ...
Actually, it is the 'hook' minifigure hand element.

I tried fitting minifig hands into the flex-tubing for handrails, and found
that they are just slightly too big. Are the hooks a better fit, or do you
use some method of expanding the hole in the tubing, Dan?

The hook hands work brilliantly and doesn't have the funny angle of minifig
hands.  The side rails of the SD90 have a piece of 14 gauge copper wire shoved
down the middle to help keep the shape, but it doesn't expand the tube at all.
The cross rail on the caboose is held snugly in place without anything at all
shoved inside the tubing. If I had my way, there would be a 1x1 plate with a
migifig hand sized spike sticking straight up to connect the tubing to plates
for use as handrails on trains, ships, etc.

Dan