 Trains / 28387
Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:32:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:

<snip>

   As I said, she’s not finished. I want to swap out the cab roof with curved slopes, and I want to put some train-roof slopes on the front of the boiler to sink those jumper plates. Plus there are a lot of color issues that need to be fixed.

Anyway, if you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope you like what you see.

Hey, Tony-

This is a smart looking engine. What I like best about it is that you’ve nailed the proportions very well-- this is the most important design consideration when building a prototype IMO. One thing I saw that you might want to consider altering, although to the naked eye it looks perfectly fine: the cabin of the proto isn’t flush with the bottom of the tender as yours is; it sits pronouncedly higher. It might be too involved to rework, but maybe when you are tinkering around with all of Ben’s suggestions, it might be worth a looksee:-)

I look forward to progress pics!

JOHN