 Trains / 28382
  TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

I didn't start this looking for a cause... After playing around with my two steam locomotives on the few TexLUG displays I've attended, I decided I needed a steam locomotive that was a bit more layout friendly. My American 4-4-0 (6-wide) doesn't (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) snip! (...) Dear Anthony, I had the chance to follow your building process via e-mail discussions in the background since a while. And I have to say congratulations on the result as now published as a late beta state design! I have still a few (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Hey, Tony- This is a smart looking engine. What I like best about it is that you've nailed the proportions very well-- this is the most important design consideration when building a prototype IMO. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Nice work. Looks like the suggestion worked well. The idea of combining one axle of a leading truck into the same truck with the driving wheels has a lot of potential for creating big steam engines. Of course, it is only possible with blind (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) I had a lok at the site and followed some links and wrote to the Governor. I wrote how as a tourist I and my family would be more likely to come visit the State if the Railroad (and the parks system in general) was fully funded. Don't know if (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

Anthony, I enjoyed seeing your model of the steam engine, thanks for sharing. Remember all of our creations are a work in progress. And that’s the great thing about LEGO building. You and your post may have done more for the TSRR than you realize. I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

Hey Ben, (...) Thanks! You know, after I posted I realized I had forgotten to thank you for all the advice, so I apologize for that. You really helped me with building 7-wide! (...) Well, I guess the best way for me to handle this is by the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I did a lot of planning and surfing the web for pictures. This is the most un-photographed locomotives the TSRR has, but I was FINALLY able to get a profile shot of it so I could do some serious layout planning. I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Thanks! There are a few quirks with the design, but they're not hard to overcome. With my locomotive, the center of rotation is forward of the center of gravity, so without the rear blind drivers and the load-bearing rear truck, the locomotive (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Thanks so much! I know I'll be making the trip up north to visit the park when they resume normal operation in the late spring, though I have to admit it'll be half for the enjoyment of the trains, and half for MOC research. Let's hope the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I sure hope I'm able to help them out with what little I can do. Both the towns of Palestine and Rusk, not just the employees of the park, depend on the tourism. Thanks for spreading the word! --Anthony (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) *cough* Detroit NMRA show *cough* JohnG, GMLTC (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) I want to go to an NMRA show, but it's a bit too far away from Houston. Since I don't fly, and I'm poor, if I get to go to any major LEGO event, it's limited to one a year, and currently, IF I go anywhere, this year 18 hours to Chicago is my (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Well I have an update, if anyone is interested. It looks as if the TSRR has been saved, but not in the most favorable way. Instead of giving it the money it needs, the Texas Government decided to give operational control to a specifically (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)