 Trains / 28397
Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:18:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In looking for a design, I stumbled upon the Texas State Railroad, an > Please take the time to visit their website and sign their petition. It’s a token gesture, sure, but who knows, it might just convince enough people in the right places to restore the park’s proper funding.

I had a lok at the site and followed some links and wrote to the Governor. I wrote how as a tourist I and my family would be more likely to come visit the State if the Railroad (and the parks system in general) was fully funded.

Don’t know if it will help at all but it seemed worth my five minutes to compose the note.

Thanks so much! I know I’ll be making the trip up north to visit the park when they resume normal operation in the late spring, though I have to admit it’ll be half for the enjoyment of the trains, and half for MOC research.

Let’s hope the level-minded in Austin win out.

--Anthony