 Trains / 28050
28049  |  28051
Subject:
Red Train Doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:17:25 GMT

Train fans surely have not been short of train doors and windows over the
past few years. The Soccer busses and blue/gray parts packs were simply
great sets for builders assembling long runs of passenger cars.

But suspiciously absent have been the red and green train doors.

The new 7905 City Crane re-introduces the solid red train door. But you get
just one. And it is a right opening door. (The Crane also has a right blue
door.)

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7905&cn=223&d=9

And according to Peeron - we have not seen the red door since 1983.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4182

The green train door is still missing. It has only been seen in 1995's 4552
Cargo Crane.

This Crane is a bit pricey for me to purchase for one red right door.
Bricklink prices still run over $5 a door without glass.

But I sincerely hope the inclusion of the red door in a new set means we
might see them paired up in a future Factory / Pick a Brick palette.

-- Bryan