 Trains / 28050
Subject:
Red Train Doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:17:25 GMT

Train fans surely have not been short of train doors and windows over the
past few years. The Soccer busses and blue/gray parts packs were simply
great sets for builders assembling long runs of passenger cars.

But suspiciously absent have been the red and green train doors.

The new 7905 City Crane re-introduces the solid red train door. But you get
just one. And it is a right opening door. (The Crane also has a right blue
door.)

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7905&cn=223&d=9

And according to Peeron - we have not seen the red door since 1983.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4182

The green train door is still missing. It has only been seen in 1995's 4552
Cargo Crane.

This Crane is a bit pricey for me to purchase for one red right door.
Bricklink prices still run over $5 a door without glass.

But I sincerely hope the inclusion of the red door in a new set means we
might see them paired up in a future Factory / Pick a Brick palette.

-- Bryan

Re: Red Train Doors
Correction - The green train door is now in the new 7898 Cargo Train deluxe.
Along with the sweet green train fronts!

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7898-1

-- Bryan

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message
[...]

And the red train door will be in the Ultimate Train Builders box (or
whatever it ends up being called). Several pairs in fact if I recall.

Frank

Re: Red Train Doors
Correction - The green train door is now in the new 7898 Cargo Train
deluxe. Along with the sweet green train fronts!

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7898-1

And the red train door will be in the Ultimate Train Builders box (or
whatever it ends up being called). Several pairs in fact if I recall.

Frank

My memory says just one pair but it might be two. Perhaps someone else remembers
better than me.

Tim

Re: Red Train Doors
Is the Ultimate Train Builders box something that was shown at Brickfest? I
could not attend so I'm out of the loop regarding any concrete information
about a Train Box.

-- Bryan

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gmail(DOT.)com> wrote in message
[...]

I am almost positive it is 2 pair.  Hard to build some of those passenger
coaches with out 2 pair of doors!

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: Red Train Doors