 Trains / 26120
Re: New Loco MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:14:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Gianluca Morelli wrote:
   I have a slightly better solution to James’ modification:

Very nice! And works for less than 8-wide.

later,

James Mathis

Wow! I’m very honored to have a comment from the brilliant Lego train Designer, aka James Mathis...

Thanks a lot James and Gianluca for your help about the front of my loco. Like you, I didn’t like the stud of the 1x2 SNOT slope brick, and I worked a long time to find a solution to replace this 1x2 slope brick by something else. But I didn’t find anything, so many thank for your great solution.

Sorry for not having reply to your messages sooner, but we had a power supply shut down here (I don’t know if it was linked with the riots that we have in France at the moment... maybe not, I shouldn’t be too paranoiac :-)). Anyway I had to try your solution with the light of a candle, and beleive me, it’s not easy to distinguish a dark gray from dark bluish gray when the only light you have is a candle! :-)

So, the Gianluca’s solution works perfectly, but I had to SNOT 180° the light gray plate 1x1 with clip (that holds the handle), and then add two light gray tiles 1x1 facing each other.

Moreover this modification leads me to modifiy a bit the top light gray line, and that’s a good modification because now the doors are more solid. Also there’s no more gap at the top corners of the roof (but on the other hand, there’s a half-stud hole in the dark gray, but I think it’s acceptable). See the following MLCAD image :

I add the SNOT 180° 1x6 dark gray plate for solidity reason (and because it supports a removable roof).

Gianluca, I think your second proposition won’t help me because I need the brackets for a half-stud height shift (and not for a decorative purpose).

Now I have to order some new parts on Bricklinks, and I will make new pictures in few weeks when I’ll get the parts.

One more time, thank you so much you two for your precious help!

Yours.