 Trains / 26112
Re: New Loco MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 23:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Alban NANTY wrote:
   Hi,

I’m pleased to announce my new loco MOC. It’s a BB72000, a very common french locomotive.

   The BS gallery is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=152867

Alban,

I was inspired by your SNOT work on the windscreen to try to use the new 1x1x2/3 slope in replacement of the 1x2 45-deg slope that is either-side of the front windscreen. In CAD, it looks like this:

Notice the 1/2-plate offset between the two 1x1x2/3 slopes. This allows the two slope surfaces to edge-match very cleanly.

The 1x4 by 1x2 bracket is not attractive viewed through the windscreen, but I have not found an alternate solution in the few minutes I thought of this.

I have not tried this in real-brick, and I do not know if these parts exist in the color required. I hope it is a worthwhile solution to eliminate the forward facing stud on the 1x2 45-deg slope.

Another exploded-view is available upon folder moderation.

later,

James Mathis