 Trains / 26101
26100  |  26102
Subject:
New Loco MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:33:09 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,

I’m pleased to announce my new loco MOC. It’s a BB72000, a very common french locomotive.

Of course it’s a 8-wide loco :-) I used the 4 differents gray (light-gray, light-bluish-gray, dark-gray and dark-bluish-gray). As a curiosity, the height of the Loco without the boggies and the top, is 23.5 plates i.e. 7.83 Bricks, because I used bracket parts all the long of the loco (the thickness of a bracket is a half plate height). The use of these brackets was necessarly because the front of the loco is designed with 3 bricks SNOT, and you know that 2 SNOT brick = 5 plates height, so the third SNOT brick generated a half plate shift.

You can see the bracket technic I used on the brickwiki here (below the title “SNOT mounted 1x2-2x2 bracket (Alban Nanty)”): http://brickwiki.zapto.org/index.php/Micro_striping_techniques

This loco is a symetrical locomotive, i.e. the front and the back of the loco are identical. That way the loco can move in both direction, avoiding the use of U-turns, which simplify the maneuvers. The symmetry of this loco obliged me to design a non-motorised boggie that looks like a 9V train motor. You can read (in french, but there’s a building instruction) the article I wrote on this boggie on the Freelug website here: http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=435

I hope you like it, and of course feel free to make any comment.

The BS gallery is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=152867

Bye.