 Trains / 25326
Re: A french BB 62400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 21:15:52 GMT

Philippe "frogleap" Label wrote:

Mathew, going to 7 wide would give a big problem to handle these
handrails. The geometrical solution could be to go to 8 or 9 wide, but for
reasons explained above, this is a scale I try to avoid. Too complicated
for my small brain :) If you have imagined a solution to do so in 7 wide,
I'll be very happy to share it. This point deserves a comment: the real
issue to me is how to "dither" a continuous 3D form with limited size
bricks? If we increase the size of the final shape, of course the
dithering will be smoother. am I right?

I also faced some challenges and decided to use the old style railings,
although no yellow-grey engines ever had the short style ;)
See http://www.vanree.net/fotoalbum/javanree/lego/iscc4/tn/11.jpg.html for a
detail shot of the short nose.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/