 Trains / 25286
Re: A french BB 62400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 12:24:12 GMT

frogleap wrote:
Hello,

Here is a french BB62400 in blue color that is normally used for freight trains
and mostly in multiple units.

[snip]

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/frogleap/Trains/BB62400/bb62400_1.jpg>>

That is great. I like the view from the minifig perspective, but I am
left wondering, what is happening on top of the model :)

It is made in 6 stud width with many simplifications.

Some but few SNOT in it, and with the help of Erik Amzallag the small windows of
the cabin are placed with less than a stud width. Here is a small .ldr file
(<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/frogleap/Trains/BB62400/fenetrebb62400.ldr>)
to help you catch the trick.

Thanks for the LDRAWing of that technique. It is a really neat
technique. Also, I am glad you pointed it out on the model. It works so
well that I would have completely missed that there was something
special about that forward facing window!

See pictures of the real one
(<http://www.train-rail.com/materiel/motrices/diesel/bb_62400/>) in situation.

Thanks for comments,

Philippe "frogleap" Label, FreeLUG member

Thanks for sharing,
Chris