 Trains / 25290
Re: A french BB 62400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 21:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   Hello,

Thank you to all contributors for the feed-back.

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   That is great. I like the view from the minifig perspective, but I am left wondering, what is happening on top of the model :)

Chris, well... the top is quite desert :) Because I have no idea from the pictures I could get what was happening up there. From the side drawing obtained from the web site I mentioned earlier I can only guess that there should be the exhaust pipe in the middle of the engine and some thicker “thing” in front of the locomotive. See that drawing for the same guess :

By the way, I finally ended-up with the same BB62400 in 6 studs wide but with its yellow & grey livery. The shape is roughly the same as the blue one, but I got some problems to render the bicolor front on the engine. Here is the result. Comments are welcome.

James, about the side windows trick, as already mentioned the solution was provided by Erik Amzallag. I will forward your congratulations to him. Thanks again.

Jan-Albert, I have quite few informations about this locomotive, I think there was only one version of the blue one, and the yellow&grey is much more frequent. I also remember that French SNCF bought back these engines from Dutch railways to operate on freight trains. These locomotives seems to be very longlasting on duty.

As you can notice, I also tried to improve a little bit the colors of the pictures, thanks to software treatment since I won’t invest in a professional imaging equipment :). I’d rather put my money to buy bricks !

Cheers,

Philippe “frogleap” Label, FreeLUG member

Philippe,

the model looks great, I even like the yellow and grey better then the blue one. Those windows kick booty. 6wide is fine by me, saves on brick and it’ll fit on any layout. Although I would concider moving the handrails out a bit, making the engine 7 wide overall.

Mat