 Trains / 25289
Re: A french BB 62400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 19:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   Hello,

Thank you to all contributors for the feed-back.

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   That is great. I like the view from the minifig perspective, but I am left wondering, what is happening on top of the model :)

Chris, well... the top is quite desert :) Because I have no idea from the pictures I could get what was happening up there. From the side drawing obtained from the web site I mentioned earlier I can only guess that there should be the exhaust pipe in the middle of the engine and some thicker “thing” in front of the locomotive. See that drawing for the same guess :

Looks like fans on the left end, and the exhaust in the middle. You have taken such care on details, Philippe-- why squish it to 6 wide? From the proto pics, it appears the the body “wants” to be 8 wide, and the nose 5 wide. There are quite wide walkways that simply aren’t convincingly recreated in 6 wide IMO.

But of course, if you decided to lock yourself into 6 wide from the beginning, I’d understand. It is a very nice MOC and the loco reminds me of an EMD GP9.

JOHN