 Trains / 25291
Re: A french BB 62400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 20:23:38 GMT

Philippe "frogleap" Label schreef:
Chris, well... the top is quite desert :) Because I have no idea from the
pictures I could get what was happening up there. From the side drawing obtained
from the web site I mentioned earlier I can only guess that there should be the
exhaust pipe in the middle of the engine and some thicker "thing" in front of
the locomotive. See that drawing for the same guess :

<http://www.train-rail.com/materiel/motrices/diesel/bb_62400/<http://www.train-rail.com/materiel/motrices/diesel/bb_62400/62400-1.gif>>

Hi Philippe,

First of all: great model! About the roof: I had a try on the same loc
some time ago (please don't laugh:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeroendehaan/NS2400/ns2400.jpg) and
your assumptions on the roof are right; chimney just in front of the cab
and 2 thicker "things" (couldn't say it better ;-) in front ot the loc.

There are some pictures of the loc on the railfan site
(http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/nl/diesel/2400/pix.html) but sadly not
of it's roof (probably it isn't that pretty).

Jeroen