 Trains / 24611
Re: O-Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:32 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:

All aboard the O-Train!

   Once the show ended, with more time on my hands, I took the opportunity to try and improve the design a bit. I’m pretty sure I spent more time getting rid of the spacing than building the entire train in the first place. In the end I went with an elastic band solution, as you can see in the pics. I’m sure the more experienced train builders would have gotten to this solution a lot quicker, if not having done it right from the start, but it was all new to me. Of course I didn’t find out until afterwards that it seems to be a relatively common technique. A little research beforehand would have probably saved me a lot of time. Oh well, I enjoyed the problem solving exercise.

Jason,

I haven’t kept up to pace on close-coupling of train cars, but I’m really impressed by your solution. It is low-profile, shared trucks, and looks very clean, simple, and straight-forward. A fresh-look by you without working knowledge of other close-coupling techniques seems to have generated another slick solution. My apologies to those who may have similar solutions with which I am unfamiliar.

Anyway, well done, beautiful MOC of a nice train set.

Thanks for posting details on this Talent train project. I had seen it in some of the scenic pics from the show, and was certainly curious about it.

later,

James Mathis