 Trains / 24616
Re: O-Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:

snip

   Jason,

I haven’t kept up to pace on close-coupling of train cars, but I’m really impressed by your solution. It is low-profile, shared trucks, and looks very clean, simple, and straight-forward. A fresh-look by you without working knowledge of other close-coupling techniques seems to have generated another slick solution. My apologies to those who may have similar solutions with which I am unfamiliar.

Cool, thanks! I’m glad you like it. It certainly took a lot of experimentation to get there. Looking back I’m not really sure why, since it seems so simple now. I’m sure prior knowledge of existing solutions would have affected the design process. Who knows where it may have ended up.

   Anyway, well done, beautiful MOC of a nice train set.

Thanks again!

   Thanks for posting details on this Talent train project. I had seen it in some of the scenic pics from the show, and was certainly curious about it.

Glad I could provide some of the info.

   later,

James Mathis