 Trains / 24618
Re: O-Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:44:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason Allemann wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
Sweet! I saw this a while back with some of the club pics (one of the rare
occasions I actually check out something like that) and your model was one
of those that struck me.

Thanks!

I see the BNSF buffers have made their first (?) MOC appearance as well.

Those buffers are actually in the <http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4512-1
Cargo Train> as well, which is where I got them, so I can only assume they've
made into other MOCs before now.

Yes, just check : http://www.6studs.com/cc21002/cc6500-5.JPG

Also FYI, another way you can do close-couplings is by
using bunches of technic 1xx plates. You can use these as a stand-alone or
in conjunction with the rubberband system for additional strength.

A close coupling I've seen but not in train MOC is this one :

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/samrotule/bus/bus_cts_renault_agora_l_03.jpg

I'd like also to remember the very good paper on close coupling and other train related building technics (ILTCO library) : "Advanced Train Building" by Steve Barile : http://www.iltco.org/library/docs/Advanced_Train_Building_SBarile_BW02.pdf   (1953KB)

Now, Steve has to make an update  with this very good O-train MOC by Jason :)

Sounds intriguing.

Thanks for sharing!

You're very welcome!

Legoswami