 Trains / 24630
Re: O-Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:03:52 GMT

Thanks Larry, you nailed it. I am talking about going over bumps and uneven
tabels etc...

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jason Allemann wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

I was wondering what kind of horizontal latitude your get from your rubber bands
when traversing uneven track conditions?

I'm not really sure what you're asking about here.  Side to side play in the
connection?  Front to back range of motion?

I'm betting he's talking about what the connection does when it goes over a rise
or hump in the trackwork. Even if you didn't DESIGN hills in, you get them,
especially with large layouts.

Articulated cars are particularly vulnerable to issues with this, if the planes
that the two adjacent cars are in are no longer parallel, it may put stress of
some sort or another on the coupling if it wasn't engineered to withstand that.

++Lar (now down to 3 days to go in Singapore....)