 Trains / 24403
Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Samarth Moray @gmail.com> wrote in message ...
Don't see it making much of a difference. I'm pretty sure they can be kitbashed
into 8-wide scale, at least, if not 6. You might yet see it on 9V track, but in
MOC form.

Many many MOC versions of Thomas and his friends already exist for 9v and
12v, in 6 wide and probably wider. Or are you specifically thinking of
taking the Duplo Thomas parts and reusing them to build a system scale
model?

I can't speak for Samarth, but I was thinking of just that, because it's a LEGO
face... no more non LEGO or stickers or whatever.

It would be much easier is the face disk was a separate piece from the rest of
the boiler.  But it looks like the face is part of a single front piece.  Check
out the bottom right inset picture on this box art.

There are four engine pieces  to  Percy.  And the number of pieces on the box
add up too.  Too bad.

I would also like very much to a 9-v Thomas set.

- Steve D.