 Trains / 24389
  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

I'm surprised there has not been more discussion about the Thomas license. DUPLO Thomas shots (URL) is a considerable amount of DUPLO track in my house. And I'm sure my 10 month old daughter will enjoy running Thomas on the track. So when will (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Don't see it making much of a difference. I'm pretty sure they can be kitbashed into 8-wide scale, at least, if not 6. You might yet see it on 9V track, but in MOC form. Legoswami (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Samarth Moray @gmail.com> wrote in message ... (...) kitbashed (...) but in (...) Many many MOC versions of Thomas and his friends already exist for 9v and 12v, in 6 wide and probably wider. Or are you specifically thinking of taking the Duplo (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Yes, with these, we'll have the correct LEGO elements necessary to pull it off. People were doing ATSF warbonnets and BNSF units long before the official sets came out, but their appearance made things a lot easier for kitbash purposes. In (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) This line in my original email may be unclear. It is my hope that the licensing contract Lego signed with the Thomas owners (Britt Alcroft?) does not limit LEGO to producing Thomas sets only in Duplo scale. I would like to see 9V System Thomas (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) I can't speak for Samarth, but I was thinking of just that, because it's a LEGO face... no more non LEGO or stickers or whatever. (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) It would be much easier is the face disk was a separate piece from the rest of the boiler. But it looks like the face is part of a single front piece. Check out the bottom right inset picture on this box art. (URL) are four engine pieces to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Should be easy enough even for an average-skilled builder to work around. What concern me more are the other parts there- the boiler half is pretty useless, and don't even get me started on the cab (SOLID??!!) eww. And yeah, Larry, that is (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) What bugs me, is that non of these sets are powered. Thery all apear to use the older 3 axle steam wheelset. But at least they get drive rods. And the short wheelset for the tender is nice. Also, I found it interesting that non of the models (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote: snip * (...) Percy has a 2-axle wheelset, and it was assembled correctly: (URL) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) You are correct, sorry. It's seems to be the same wheelset base, but with one axel removed. And it placed the corect end forward, edded for the drive rods to look right. Thanks, Mat (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Snip (...) Toby does - sort of, after all he is double ended. Mind you you shouldn't be able to see the cylinders, or the wheels! Toby is the worst model by far in my opinion, its hard to do much with what is essentially box but he would have been (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)