 Trains / 23713
23712  |  23714
Subject:
Train Set Design (Help?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:28:15 GMT

I realize that Track Designer has an elevation feature, but are there other
sources of information on creating terrian for an L-Gauge train set?

I have roughly an 11' x 11' room in which a shelf system is going.  The layout
is two modified dog bone loops with a run of dual mainline for the length of one
wall (say 5' minus the return loops).  Looks like some switching will fit at the
ends for industry and rail yard.

I am looking keeping the bench widths in increments of 10" (that's a road
baseplate, right?)  Track Designer has allowed me to get the rough dimensions of
all the track (plus a 4 stud border).

I was hoping Model Railroader magazine would be a good resource, but it keeps
making me realize all of the limitations of L-Gauge.  I've ruled out plaster &
chicken wire and would rather build up scenry with plywood than burn through
bricks.