 Trains / 22518
22517  |  22519
Subject:
Now in 6 wide: Re: German DB v200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:31:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

   I like this MOC, James, especially your use of the half rounds on the nose and the tapering roof. Not that I have any ax to grind, but I was thinking, after having viewed the prototype, that this loco might be a nice 8wide project. You could shroud the wheels and the roof taper would work nicely into the 6 wide windshield. The Dark Side never rests:-)

I regress...Here’s a try at a 6-wide version of the DB v200.

This 6-wide version has working headlights...at the sacrifice of full-wrap 1/4-curves on the side of the nose. Well, the light must pass through several layers of trans-clear plates, so I’m not sure just how bright those lights would be...

The windscreen wrap is a bit ugly in my opinion, but I thought the exercise in 6-wide would be interesting. How about this piece count:

7-wide DB v200 build = 743 pieces

6-wide DB v200 build = 540 pieces

And, full 6-wide DB v200 folder with some break-out images after moderation.

later,

James Mathis