 Trains / 22500

Subject:
German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:34:04 GMT

Thanks to Ben Beneke I learned these two things at BrickFest PDX:

1) A German counter-part to the fabled Santa Fe style warbonnett locomotive is the German DB v200 or v220(?).

2) 7-wide is beautiful ;-)

Here’s my first go at the German DB v200/v220 pulling a simplistic 6-wide consist of “Lorelei” cars (as described from a Maerklin catalog).

Deep links for the moment:

pic one

pic two

The DB v200 loc is 7-wide. Has a simple engine inside. Not too many details.

The Speisewagon is simply detailed with a kitchenette and the 1st class car has two compartment sitting rooms with one private single-chair reading room. The 2nd class car is just open seating--no details here.

Thanks for checking this early version out.

later,

James Mathis

RE: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
German DB v200/v220 pulling a simplistic 6-wide consist of "Lorelei" cars> (as
described from a Maerklin catalog).

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/DBv200/v1/Rendering/db_v200_v1_lorelei_p2.png>>

Oooooh. I have this actual Marklin train from when I was
a kid.

Nice.

Ralph

[...]

Hello, James . Another great train, you have built !

There are Australian versions too. Simalar to Santa Fe Super Cheif

http://www.srhc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

If this link does not work please try :-

www.srhc.org.au ,then go to Photo’s , then B74 50th Anniversary Tour

This train came after the S Class Steam Train . The Blue steam train that I showed at BrickFest PDX. THE BIG BLUE !

I have also just built up a few Ideas that I had for 7 wide working train lights. I will show soon ,at the MUGS meeting on Sunday.For when I build a DB 103.(7740)

How many Aussie trains haved you built ?

Thanks, Teunis M>ltc

Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
   Here’s my first go at the German DB v200/v220 pulling a simplistic 6-wide consist of “Lorelei” cars (as described from a Maerklin catalog).

I should have put a link to pics of the real-life DB v200.

And, here is a rendering of the v200 build which uses four more of the hard-to-find rare 6-wide split windscreen in black. To find 6 of those black windscreens...ugh.

   There are Australian versions too. Simalar to Santa Fe Super Cheif

http://www.srhc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

Nice.

   I have also just built up a few Ideas that I had for 7 wide working train lights. I will show soon ,at the MUGS meeting on Sunday.For when I build a DB 103.(7740)

Oooh, that will be nice to see.

   How many Aussie trains haved you built ?

Uhm, zero. Next question... ;-)