 Trains / 22515
Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:33:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

(all snipped away)

Nice model!

Did you use any unofficial parts in the MPD? I just got a new copy of the latest
LDraw release but I'm still getting some warnings at load. Could just be me of
course.

For instance:

10024.dat, (not on parts tracker that I could see.. maybe it's the >windshield?

Yeah, and I just realized that I've got an interference problem where this
windscreen is to attach to the top of the nose of the v200.  I didn't notice
that the underside of the windscreen is not modeled true to the small stud
placement on the underside of the windscreen. (not complaining, here, much
thanks to Thomas Burger for modeling that 10024.dat part!) The LDraw windscreen
doesn't have any binding posts(?) on its underside, while the real part does.
In the v200 model, I set a stud on-center which will interfer with placing the
windscreen.  Back to rendering...

later,
James Mathis