 Trains / 22516
Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 05:29:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

The naming has been updated at some time. V200 abd BR220 are the same engines as
far as I know.

Thanks for that information.

The V200 that I showed at BrickFest has been a design of Marmaris (Volker
Draschka) and he used completely different building techniques. Quite
interesting to compare your different styles of building.

That is very nice.  So many methods toward the solution when aiming at the same
prototype.

I am looking forward to see your final version!

Well, this might be the final version.  I'm not too sure I am interested to
continue with it.  So, I have uploaded instructions for it.  Stickers with "DB"
would be nice.

P.s.: @John Neal (kudos to your roses!!): there is at least one V200 out there:
We saw that one in Frechen at our FGLTC-end-of-year-show:

The builder of that engine is never online and joined us in Frechen for the
first time.

Very nice. Are there two of those 8-wide v200's?  The second one just sneaking
into the right edge of the pic?

later,

James Mathis