 Trains / 22513
Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 05:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

(all snipped away)

Nice model!

Did you use any unofficial parts in the MPD? I just got a new copy of the latest
LDraw release but I'm still getting some warnings at load. Could just be me of
course.

Thanks for calling my attention to the unofficial parts I used. My bad form to
not include the .dat files for those unofficial parts.  I all too easily forget
that they're not in the official parts library for those who download the .mpd.
Sorry about that everyone.

Ah don't worry about it... it's not hard to find them if they're in Parts
Tracker! (1) the only one that really took any digging was the 10024 windshield
part because I had to dig it out of the posted model.

For instance:

10024.dat, (not on parts tracker that I could see.. maybe it's the windshield?
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=8484 yes it is... got it from this model
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=771 is there a better version?)
3070bp01.dat (in parts tracker already)
41765.dat and 41764.dat (both in parts tracker, require same subfile too)

I'm away from the file right now.  I'm afraid I don't recall what parts are
41765 and 41764...Oh,maybe those are the complex 6x2 inverse slopes?

Indeed they are. You can get copies by going to the parts tracker:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/41764.dat
then click on download... save it in your parts directory
do it again for the other parts you need: 3070bp01.dat and 41765.dat

Finally you will need the common subfile

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/41765s01.dat

click download and save it in your parts/s directory

and you're good to go.

BTW I see that you subsequently posted your instructions rendering... love the
shading and overall rendering there. Meanwhile, I got a chance to dig into the
model itself and scope out some of the design tricks... LOVE the large amount of
1/2 stud cleverness in it as well as good old fashioned SNOTwork. Turned noses
are a particular favorite trick of mine, I've been using them since MTW-3001

I'm gonna have to build one of these for myself I guess. My only issue is where
to get the big doors, I may have to fudge that part a bit with something else.

If I do it in cream/tan or white bottom and red top (not completely prototypical
but should look sharp) I can fudge the windshields and use 10020 ones instead...
red would then work.

1 - People should get good at digging in Parts Tracker, it's a valuable skill to
have.