 Trains / 22184
Re: Flush access door
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:48:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Aaron Sneary wrote:

Now, can you put the whole thing in upside down so the door opens up?

Is the "newest Master Builder" having trouble figuring it out for himself, or is
that more of an "exercise for the student" thing?

hehe.

Seriously, many many congrats man, you did us all proud, Way to go!

++Lar

Oh please, you use a 1x5 technic 'rotor' plate and push the studs of an upturned
1x2 plate down into the ends and build on that.  It's five long, so you get half
a stud offset flush with your six-wide wall.  Hide the rounded ends by resting
them behind a 1x2 thin-wall (then you don't need a door rail plate).

That should help.  If you're building 8-wide, you're beyond help anyway... ;-)

Okay Aaron, this is the bit where you say, "yes, that seems to be the answer I
had here."  And if you need to conduct any more "tests", we're always here.
:-D

Jason Railton

Although that would certainly work, there are no right answers that I was
looking for. And there are no tests. I just enjoy people who can explain a
building technique with just words.

I was in a science competition as a teen where one person viewed something built
from LEGO bricks, Lincoln Logs or Tinker Toys (you never knew which) and had to
write with words only directions to rebuild it. The other teammate had to read
the directions and recreate the creation. Closest to the original won. An
extremely difficult task.

Aaron