 Trains / 22163

Subject:
Flush access door
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:23:16 GMT

While working on my latest train I had an idea for an access door.  It uses the
2x2x2 container but leaves the door flush with the surface and leaves no gap
above the door.

I'm not sure if its been done before but here it is.  The wacky colors are for
clarity.

Here are the components.  The 1x2 plate modified with door rail is the key.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush01.jpg

The jumper plates off set the container 1/2 stud and line up the door with the
surface of the model.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush02.jpg

The 1x2 plate modified with door rail lines up with the front of the door
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush03.jpg

Use 2 - 1x2 tile to cover the top.  The 1x2 tile has no deviders on the bottom
and allows for the 1/2 stud off set.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush04.jpg

The whole assembly is 3 bricks high.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush05.jpg

The undercut of the 1x2 plate mofified with door rail allows for the hatch to
open.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush06.jpg

Here it is in the model
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/FlushHatch/flush07.jpg