 Trains / 1881
Re: 8 wide? was Re: Box Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 02:57:36 GMT

I never thought I'd live long enough to hear that. But the other thing I
wonder if I'll ever see is John's site displaying the said boxcar. ;-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, most postmen will not deliver to a house with a spamcake
guarding the porch.

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Very gracious of you to say so, Lar.  Thank you...I think.  All of this
talk about the dark side makes me feel like Darth Wider or a Girth Maul;-)

BTW Lar, what is keeping your pants up these days?  You left your
suspenders on my train layout! {:^D  I'm using them to support my train
bridge, though;-)

-John

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I hereby do admit that 8 wide CAN look good. John showed me a boxcar he
has been working on, it has a FRED in the end, integrated grab iron
ladders, sliding doors, separated roofwalk, and a whole bunch of other
details.

It looked really good. It also reminded me a lot of a G scale boxcar.
Really very nice work.

However... they are just not practical as 8 wide does not scale well
with minifig scale. This is the same reason I build my cars 4 wide even
though only one minifig can sit in each row.

So don't go in the 8 wide direction. The dark side can be deceptive.