 Trains / 1840
Re: Box Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:35:50 GMT

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 06:15:18PM +0000, Christopher Tracey wrote:
what colors have these doors come in?

They come in red, blue, yellow, white, black... and I'm sure I'm missing
a few colors..
  they also came in clear.  i don't know what set

Colors I have seen: Brown, Black, Red, Yellow, Clear, Blue, Pink(!),
Original Gray (not the darker gray) and (I think) Clear Yellow.

I would suspect that newer sets have beige, etc.

The clears that I have come from 588 Police Station (or it's European
Equiv., 381): http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=588

MMMMmmmmm.....just the right number for a boxcar.

I'm not sure I know what the rail you are referring to is, to slide the
door.

I just "came out" of my "dark ages" (as I think 2 days of solid surfing
has hinted is the right terminology.) and I haven't gotten my legos back
from my parents.  I still have them though.  Two large U-haul boxes and an
4.5 battery train: Set 127.

I have a stupid question though.  Why are the new switches (aka points)
non-remote?  I remember that there were 12v trains (and the websites
confirm this) available in Germany with **remote** controlled points and
start/stop lights.

I also have seen 12v layouts that are not possible in current 9v track
rails, due to shorting.

How do model railroaders deal with this?  I have to dig out my old HO rail
book.  I thought it allowed switchbacks.

Oh, well....

Ciao!

--
I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
-- Woody Allen

The Doctor What: Need I say more?           http://www.gerf.org/~docwhat/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC