 Trains / 1837
Re: Box Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:22:36 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Err - I still haven't figured this out. 3.5 x 4 x 5 sounds like a huge brick.
The nearest doors I can think of are 1x4x5.

?????????

Oops, that's what I get for posting in a bit of a rush... Mookie and
others identified the correct door.

6769 Fort Legoredo has a couple in black. Now if only I could find more
sets with the rails (I used the 4 8 long rails from my two copies of
6977 Arachnoid Star Base plus 8 2 long rails from some other set).

I took pictures, so I should be able to post in a few weeks or so (the
roll of film still has a bunch of pictures left). For interior
detailing, I used up a bunch of my 2x2x2 brown barrels (which I've got a
bazzilion of from all the 6716 Weapons Wagons that I've been breaking
down) plus I used one of the Wild West figures to make a hobo riding in
the car.

I need to add a break wheel and need to figure out what to do for
ladders and grab irons.

I may also rebuild the car on a custom frame. Using a train plate makes
the car just a little too tall (it's taller than the engine I build from
my 4559 and 5542 parts). The doors are actually closer to 5.6 bricks
high (the build up of the wall is: 1 sliding door track plate, 5 bricks,
1 regular plate, 1 sliding door track plate). The fit is absoluteley
perfect.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com