 Trains / 17087
Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
And second thing I do not understand:

5 coaches in the US are (if 'rumors' are true) 148 against 175$ =>18% discount

5 coaches in Germany will be 179 Eur against 200 Eur =>18% discount => 12%
discount.

In general Germany has often had quite reasonable prices (especially in
comparison to the UK), so I will not claim any more about too high costs for
these sets. But a complete Santa Fe is not a cheap hobby. For A-B-A units you
need 4 Sets 10020 = 160 Eur
Then  5 sets of waggons = 179 Eur
2 further waggon sets for moc waggons (you need 'normal' passenger cars, dont
you?) = 80 Eur
2 motors = 70 Eur
2 light set = 18 (?)Eur

Sum: 507 Eur for 1 train! That is for sure an AFOLs train only.

Kind Regards,

Ben
What I want to know is why do both the "kits" cost the same but one has almost
100 more pieces?
Dan