 Trains / 17033
17032  |  17034
Subject:
Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com - Incorrect car descriptions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:17:30 GMT

Here are direct links:

Sante Fe Cars Set I
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=10025

Sante Fe Cars Set II
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=10022

Now I'm a little confused. I'm looking at the Fallen Flags site for
reference:
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html

The descriptions at shop.lego.com don't seem to match the cars correctly.

For example, 10022 SF Cars II makes three cars (and has the clear macaroni
bricks!). Lego.com describes them as sleeping, mail & baggage. But comparing
them to the Fallen Flags site, these cars look like observation, dining and
sleeping.

10025 SF Cars I is described by Lego.com as dining and observation. Again
comparing them with Fallen Flags, they look like baggage and mail to me.

And the online descriptions don't match the descriptions from the new
catalog either -

Are the descriptions wrong on Lego.com or am I missing something? My
knowledge of real railroad machinery and terms is zero, so I might be
totally off base.

(When does the new train catalog get published?)

Bryan

"Kecia Hansen" <kch@adslhome.dk> wrote in message
Hi

Just visited the Lego website. The new Santa Fe cars can now be • preordered.
Seems like they will be available in Europe before the US. In Denmark, 20
and 31 august. In the US, 6 september and 8 october. whoohoo.

Kecia Hansen