 Town / 9598
Re: MOC: Terraced houses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:00:55 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Thanks for the description.  Very helpful.  The pictures don't look all
that rough or depressing to me, but then again I'm quite badass
myself. ;o)   I figured even rough areas have kids that need to run around.
Here in NYC there are rough areas but still plenty of kids doing what kids
do, playing in fire hydrants, basketball, rolling around on their scooters,
etc.  Being kids.  The streets where you are seem narrower by description
though.

Actually, without wishing to classist, it is the poorer area where kids can
still be found playing on the street, middle class parents taxi their kids
around from one safe environment to another. This is a recent thing, when I was
young (I'm 31) kids still played out on bikes, made dens and explored however
the increase in traffic (parents driving their kids around!) and perceived
increase in child molesters etc has made this very much a thing of the past.

Tim