 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3816
    MOC: Terraced houses —Alastair Disley
   This is a recent MOC of a row of English terraced houses. It's typical of working class housing from around 1900 as can be found across much of the Midlands and North of England. See (URL) start with and (URL) for the other pictures once moderated. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.arch) !!

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Calum Tsang
     (...) Really well done! I'm always impressed by folks who have achieved a certain look, not just of pure shape but also of texture and colour. Calum (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Holger Matthes
     Hi Alastair, thanks for sharing your architecture creations. I love the way you build these typical houses form England. And you not only did "copy and paste", you added various styles. So life comes into the LEGO bricks. I remember these types of (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Tim David
     As you already know from the Brickish Association I love these houses. I think they are my favorite MOC of all time. They are definatly the UK equivalent of Jonathan Lopes' seedy city building, but I can relate more to them! Although everyone in the (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Tim David
     (...) Ok, I took some pics last week First of all, some pretty standard terraces (URL) A variety of surface finishes and one that has its windows changed (URL) A couple of cornershops (2 URLs) And one that used to be a cornershop, included to show (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Thanks very much for doing this and following up, Tim. I was hoping you would. It is nice to see the different types of housing from different countries. Question(s): Would these types of houses comprise an area or neighborhood? Are there (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Alastair Disley
      (...) This might give you some idea: (URL) are typically a few blocks of these houses together, but occasionally you will find isolated rows, sometimes even outside of built up areas. Some towns and cities seem to be largely made up of these. They (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

          Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Jonathan Lopes
      (...) Thanks for the description. Very helpful. The pictures don't look all that rough or depressing to me, but then again I'm quite badass myself. ;o) I figured even rough areas have kids that need to run around. Here in NYC there are rough areas (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

          Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Tim David
      (...) Actually, without wishing to classist, it is the poorer area where kids can still be found playing on the street, middle class parents taxi their kids around from one safe environment to another. This is a recent thing, when I was young (I'm (...) (17 years ago, 24-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Kevin Wilson
     (...) When they were built, as cheap housing for factory workers in new industrial towns, there were often acres and acres of them. Not a blade of grass in sight. Yes, the kids played in the street - but then, all traffic was horse-drawn and there (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Tim David
     (...) (URL) The roofs are a bit different but there is an obvious link back to old England. Tim (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Nathan Todd
      Very nice, the brick (as in the 'real' ones ; ) orientation and boarded up windows are great details and the whole street comes across nicely. Thanks for sharing! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) I noticed these yesterday but work got in the way . . . I really like the colors used and the use of plates as well. The smoke effect above the burned out window is really nice. I might give it a try on buildings for my next layout. The Maersk (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

         Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Alastair Disley
     (...) No, sorry to disappoint, but a row of terraced houses in England (and there are possibly millions to choose from) would never have that kind of pattern. The only exception I can think of is occasionally you find houses set at a slight angle to (...) (17 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

        Re: MOC: Terraced houses —Magnus Lauglo
   Al, Very nicely done, I lived in a house not so unlike these when I was a student in Brighton. This style of house is very boxy and rather plain, which means that it can be replicated very convincingly in LEGO. Your use of 2 by 1 plates really adds (...) (17 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)